Wednesday 14 September 2011

National Cupcake Week – celebrating with Lemon Meringue Cakes



It is National Cupcake week, and we are already two days in! But I have been busy baking away and have an exciting new recipe to bring you in celebration of National Cupcake Week – Lemon Meringue Cakes!
This recipe is inspired by one of my favourite desserts, the lemon meringue pie, but is cute and dainty, perfect to serve at tea parties for special guests.




I designed the recipe using my traditional fairy cake recipe for the bun, the lemon curd and meringue recipes from my lemon meringue pies, and I used the technique of hollowing the cake from my Gooseberry andElderflower cakes.
Sounds complicated? Don’t worry it’s not! Here is the recipe:



Do you have any exciting cupcake flavours?

2 comments:

  1. They look delightful and I bet were delicious. I still haven't made lemon curd, but I made some delicious lime curd and then apricot curd earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe how easy it is to whip up a batch of curd. What I need to do now is learn how to make other jams/preserves and start putting them in jars :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...